It’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas…!
This week we’re on the countdown to our Christmas Lights and Fireworks event on Sunday 19 November.
The day will run from 10am to 7pm, with different activities taking part at different times during the day – including our weekend and Christmas markets, Your Radio roadshow, fun fair rides, face painters, balloons and cartoonist, as well as special offers and promotions in our shops and activities – see details here.
Loch Lomond Bird of Prey Centre will be celebrating our light switch on with us by offering HALF PRICE ENTRY and hot chocolate from 10am-4pm this Sunday. Contact the Bird of Prey Centre for more details
And looking ahead, we’ve got our St Andrew’s Day celebrations (2 & 3 December) as well as the rest of our Christmas activities. There’s always something going on! The best way to keep up to date with what’s happening is to follow us on Facebook or sign up to our email newsletter here.
This week (from 13 November):
Our shops are gearing up for Christmas, with plenty of gift options and more on offer. Promotions this week include (while stocks last):
In Jenners this week, offers include 3 for 2 on selected Christmas decorations, 20% off selected party wear and up to 20% off selected homewares. See what’s available in store, or buy online for free next day delivery to store, when you spend £30 or more and order by midnight at houseoffraser.co.uk
Santa will be here to visit for our Christmas light switch on, and he’ll be back to open his grotto on 25 November, which includes a letter writing room. But if you’re really organised and want to post your later to Santa before then, you’ll find a special postbox outside of Ashtins Aromatics. And while you’re there, you may want to take advantage of a bundle offer on candles, with any two tins and a pack of scented tea lights for £20. Ask in store for more details on both.
The Kilted Skirlie restaurant is running a special festive menu for the Christmas lights event – book in advance, and you could bag a table with the perfect view of the fireworks – find a link to the menu here.
Misty Glen has a number of offers on at the moment, including buy 1 get 1 half price on scarves, and a free scarf when you purchase a piece of Katie Wu jewellery. And on 19th November, there’s a Lucky Dip with prizes of scarves and jewellery which you can enter with every purchase £10 or over – ask in store for details.
Our popular farmer’s and crafts market is on every weekend – join us every Saturday and Sunday from 10am to pick up local foods, fruit and vegetables, sea food, jams and preserves as well as one-of-a-kind prints, artworks, and crafts. The beauty of these markets is that they change with the seasons and whats on offer, so pop along on a weekend morning and see for yourself!
The summer season is now over, which means that some outdoor activities are no longer available. But there’s still plenty going on, including bike and segway hire, and bespoke outdoor activities from In Your Element. Or, why not test your nerves at TreeZone aerial adventures, visit some stunning birds of prey, or treat yourself at one of our places to eat and drink.
Coming up soon:
- Black Friday is on Friday 24th November. Jenner’s will be open until 8pm on Wednesday (22nd), Thursday (23rd) and Friday (24th) and until 7pm on Saturday 25th November.
- Catherine Kinloch is having a special in store shopping evening on Friday 24th November, with shoes, fizz and special offers. Ask in store for details – see more about Catherine Kinloch here.
- Santa’s grotto opens on 25 November – see more on Facebook here
- Keep your diary clear for our St Andrews Day celebrations on Saturday 2nd and Sunday 3rd December. There will be food and drink, music, dance, a ceilidh and entertainment as we celebrate in one of the most iconic locations in Scotland – see more here.
And don’t forget you can also:
- Browse our selection of shops, from department store Jenners with big name labels and the Valvona & Crolla Food Hall, to local independents, offering a range of fashion, beauty, outdoor clothing, gifts, homewares and accessories.
- Relax and drink in the view with a glass of wine or a coffee, or enjoy a meal at one of our places to eat and drink.
- Explore the wonders of the deep at the SEA LIFE aquarium
- Visit the Loch Lomond Bird of Prey Centre and meet Orla the eagle
- Have tree-top adventures through the air at Treezone Aerial Adventure Course
- Explore the loch, go on a segway safari or hire bikes from In Your Element
- Let the kids run off some energy in our Dragon’s Den play area
And lots more – See our Play section for more details on our activities.