The school holidays are in full flow – so if you’re looking for ways to keep the kids entertained, we’ve got plenty of options for you.
And looking ahead, we’ve got spooky goings-on for Hallowe’en, and our Christmas lights & fireworks. There’s always something going on! The best way to keep up to date with what’s happening is to follow us on Facebook or sign up to our email newsletter here.
This week (from 16th October):
We know how difficult it can be to keep the kids entertained, so we’ve lots of ideas to help you out – from balloons and face painting to messy play and creative crafts, fun fair rides to seaways and canoeing, Birds of Prey, tree-top adventures, boat trips, the new ‘The Deep’ event at SEA LIFE – see more about kids activities here.
All of our shops now have new autumn season ranges in stock, for fashion, homewares, shoes and accessories.
And our popular farmer’s and crafts market is on every weekend – join us every Saturday and Sunday from 10am to pick up local foods, fruit and vegetables, sea food, jams and preserves as well as one-of-a-kind prints, artworks, and crafts. The beauty of these markets is that they change with the seasons and whats on offer, so pop along on a weekend morning and see for yourself!
The summer season is now over, which means that some outdoor activities are no longer available. But there’s still plenty going on, including bike and segway hire, and bespoke outdoor activities from In Your Element, and speedboat trips and watersports from Loch Lomond Leisure. Or, why not test your nerves at TreeZone aerial adventures, visit some stunning birds of prey, or treat yourself at one of our places to eat and drink.
For a full picture of what events we have coming up, please see our What’s on section.
Coming up this month:
- We have spooky goings-on for all ages at Hallowe’en, including:
- A Rocky Horror-themed party night for grown-ups on Saturday 28th October
- Thomson’s Fun Fair (from 27 October) with fireworks and fancy dress prizes on 31st October
- Our Hallowe’en Experience involving Walking Theatre and Birds of Prey – tickets are running low, and we’re expecting this to sell out in advance
Coming up soon:
- Our Christmas light switch on and fireworks day is on Sunday 19th November – see more here.
- Keep your diary clear for our St Andrews Day celebrations on Saturday 2nd and Sunday 3rd December – details coming soon.
And don’t forget you can also:
- Browse our selection of shops, from department store Jenners with big name labels and the Valvona & Crolla Food Hall, to local independents, offering a range of fashion, beauty, outdoor clothing, gifts, homewares and accessories.
- Relax and drink in the view with a glass of wine or a coffee, or enjoy a meal at one of our places to eat and drink.
- Explore the wonders of the deep at the SEALIFE aquarium
- Visit the Loch Lomond Bird of Prey Centre and meet Orla the eagle
- Have tree-top adventures through the air at Treezone Aerial Adventure Course
- Explore the loch, go on a segway safari or hire bikes from In Your Element
- Let the kids run off some energy in our Dragon’s Den play area
And lots more – See our Play section for more details on our activities.